10 Clear Skin Tips to Try at Home
When it comes to keeping skin clear and free of acne, many
over-the-counter skin care products can actually do more damage
to your skin. In addition to healthy lifestyle habits, switching
to safer products and following these suggested tips are a better
way to get glowing, clear skin.
At willa, we believe
that every girl deserves beautiful skin and products that don’t harm you,
the planet or animals. Read more about our acne treatment program.
We’ve got some clear skin strategies you can try right at home to
keep skin naturally clear.
5 Ways to Help Achieve Clear Skin
Attaining perfect skin often starts at home.
Countless external factors impact the health of our skin,
from sun exposure to poor nutrition, and even pollution.
Adding more toxic ingredients from over-the-counter harsh
skin care doesn’t help! Here are a few tips that will help
you achieve the clear skin you desire:
- Use Retinol: Recommended by New York dermatologist, Doris Day, retinol “has decades of clinical data to support its efficacy.” Retinol “helps cell turnover and boosts collagen production to keep skin firm and youthful,” says Day.
- Exfoliate: Pores will look larger when they are filled with dirt and dead skin cells. Exfoliation removes these pore cloggers and minimizes the appearance of pores.
- Moisturize: Applying a moisturizer to your damp face helps lock in moisture and keep your skin hydrated throughout the day.
- Avoid Hot Water: While steamy showers feel great, that hot water can actually removes essential oils from your skin. Additionally, blood vessels dilate to cool the skin, which often results in flushing (red skin).
- Apply Products in Order: After cleansing your face, use your products in order, according to their active ingredients. In other words, apply the more powerful products directly after washing your face. This way, they could possibly work more effectively.
5 Essential Habits that Promote Clear Skin
You can also make a few slight lifestyle changes to protect your skin from
damage and avoid acne. Your skin is the largest organ in your body, so your
overall health can be a big factor. To get your own glow, don’t put heavy
bronzers on! Instead, try these lifestyle changes to prevent pimples and
attain smooth, glowing skin. Try some of the tips below:
- Clean up your diet. Oily and sugary foods can make breakouts worse. Make sure you’re getting real nutrients by eating lots of vegetables, especially greens like kale or Swiss Chard. Eat lean meat, or take a B-vitamin supplement if you’re a vegetarian.
- Drink plenty of water
- Avoid overexposure to the sun and wear sunscreen. UV rays can help pimples scar on your face.
- ALWAYS remove makeup before going to bed. Place wipes next to your bed so there’s no excuse.
- Be physically active to pump up your circulation, immune system, and help reduce stress
Use Healthy Skincare Products from willa!
By following our clear skin tips above, you’ll be on the right path to beautiful
and acne-free skin. In addition to trying these lifestyle changes, don’t forget
to utilize healthy skincare products from willa! We formulate effective and safer
products for young women that are even great for girls with sensitive skin.
Take a look at our product selection here.